Hypnosis is a natural state of mind very like daydreaming. Attention turns inwards & the mind settles. It’s then easy to notice consciously constructed drifts of thoughts, or else just ’sit & watch’ images arising spontaneously from the subconscious, where the roots of creativity lie. Self-hypnosis is quickly & easily learned. It’s profoundly relaxing (though not sleep!). You return to normal consciousness feeling refreshed. More importantly, the state of hypnosis allows access to the subconscious and our amazing resources of memory & imagination.
The course includes –
– overview of how creativity develops when the conscious & subconscious parts of the mind work together.
– explanation of what hypnosis is, its therapeutically use (i.e. hypnotherapy) & how self-hypnosis can benefit writers.
– Relaxation sessions to experience the state of hypnosis.
– Further group sessions with particular emphasis on writing – visualisations, imagined conversations with your fictional characters, putting yourself into locations featuring in your work, generating ideas etc.
– Steve Bowkett, experienced hypnotherapist & author, offers hypnotherapy to help resolve writing related issues e.g. writer’s block – as a demonstration to the group, or on a one-to-one basis if preferred.
– Alternatively, one-to-one sessions to discuss aspects of your writing are available.
– Each participant receives handouts & self-hypnosis CD.